Role.....................................................Who
Sacred Permit Holder ......................Laurel Hansen
Gear Coordinator.............................Omar Jepperson
Raft Guru.........................................Lyle Hansen
Geology Prof. ....................................Reed Simpson
Hiking Guide/River Nav.................Amy Braatz & Laurel Hansen
Climbing Guide.................................Nick Spang
Food Coordinators...........................Gabe Hansen & Amy Braatz
Poet....................................................Mark Leek
Photographer/Video .......................Nick Spang & Others?
Transportation Magnet..........Mark Newell
Chief Bird Nerd.................................Nick Spang
Group Activity Coordinator ...........Dave Pearton
Bliss and Enlightenment Deputy .....Dara Ayres
Experienced Canyon Elder.............Lyle Hansen
Flora and Fauna...............................Laural Martin
Suppleness and Yoga Swami...Laurel Hansen (per Pearton's request, I'd be happy to share this role with the other yogis on the trip)
Out of Canyon Contact......................Terri Hansen 509-528-3466
4 comments:
G'Day, your Group Activity Coordinator" here! I have a few ideas regarding fun things to do (no, they do not all involve sheep, I've not been in New Zealand that long!) but I'd like to gather some ideas from the masses so if you have any bright ideas then feel free to pass them on to me, either through the blog or directly to dpearton@gmail.com Don't worry, discretion is assured and no one will be publicly humiliated (unless it is really amusing to do so ;).
Cheers,
Dave
Could I request for another role to be created? That of "Relaxation, Suppleness and Yoga Swami"? I know that three weeks of sitting in a small kayak is going to play havoc with my aging bones and would greatly appreciate someone who knows a thing or to in that area - of which I am sure there are many on this trip - to run a few sessions...
Dave,
Here's some ideas:
-rotating group necklace (nominees voted on by group and passed nightly)
- white elephant gift exchange
(something small and cheap to be used on the trip)
- special outfit/theme night
- scavenger hunt
- beach relay races, beach olympics
- say something unique that no one else may know about you, or other interesting team building activities
- cribbage/poker night (Reed mentioned wanting to learn cribbage and I know Lyle(Dad) knows how to play
I don't think we need something new every day, but it will be fun to have some things.
Thanks for getting things going.
Laurel
Maybe percussion night, where we use found objects and trip gear to beat out some rhythms.
Post a Comment